Welcome to the forum

register! and help us get started! with this new darkgdk forum !

dont forget to introduce yourself Razz

enjoy! and good luck with your programming Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the forum

register! and help us get started! with this new darkgdk forum !

dont forget to introduce yourself Razz

enjoy! and good luck with your programming Smile

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gravity suggestions

3 posters

Go down

Gravity suggestions Empty Gravity suggestions

Post  F4SHADO Mon May 10, 2010 5:32 pm

should i just use a simple gravity formula or should i just use a header file with extensive gravity equations (u know, im good at algebraic expressions). right now, im just using the universe.dbo map so i can get familiar with a few things. only problem i have, is that the program thinks that the player is inside a wall or something, so i may make my own map in 3ds max.

Kampai cheers

PS: if your wondering why i add "Kampai cheers " at the end of each post, its japanese for cheers (signified by the emote).

F4SHADO

https://www.youtube.com/user/F4SHADO

Back to top Go down

Gravity suggestions Empty Re: Gravity suggestions

Post  Miami_Rose Wed May 26, 2010 3:33 am

Not to sound rude, but im sure its Kanpai lol with an n, i maybe mistaken, but its also quite a fun play on words you are doing, it means cheers, but the cheers we use as a celebration with drinks, *Clink of the glasses*. Whereas we have cheers for drinks, and cheers and in thanks Smile. Sorry I amused myself >_>.. Thats my 2 pence though, as for the code.. I'm having gravity issues myself Sad Not sure if its the Gravity or the collision thats pumping me..*Scratch scratch*

Miami_Rose

Back to top Go down

Post  pqowieuryt101 Wed May 26, 2010 3:23 pm

hmm it depends how your project is laid out, I would normally have the gravity and collision code in a seperate header file but if your just planning on it being simple then just do in the main Razz

-pqowieuryt101
pqowieuryt101
pqowieuryt101
Admin

https://darkgdk.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  F4SHADO Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:09 pm

Miami_Rose wrote:Not to sound rude, but im sure its Kanpai lol with an n, i maybe mistaken, but its also quite a fun play on words you are doing, it means cheers, but the cheers we use as a celebration with drinks, *Clink of the glasses*. Whereas we have cheers for drinks, and cheers and in thanks Smile. Sorry I amused myself >_>.. Thats my 2 pence though, as for the code.. I'm having gravity issues myself Sad Not sure if its the Gravity or the collision thats pumping me..*Scratch scratch*

no, you're right. it's spelled "kanpai". Pimslur's Learn Japanese said that it's hard , particulary for americans, to pronounce a soft consonant (n) next to a hard consonant (p). so it comes out sounding like "m" instead. and yeah, only way to learn it, is to use it, even if you're corrected. so Domo arigato gozaimashita ( thank you very much ).

btw, i was looking at the "Dark Dungeon" demo.cpp file and found something interesting

this
Code:
float   getDistance      ( float x1 , float y1 , float z1 , float x2 , float y2 , float z2);
which goes near the top

and this
Code:
float getDistance ( float x1 , float y1 , float z1 , float x2 , float y2 , float z2)
{
   float dist;
   float dx;
   float dy;
   float dz;

dx = x2 - x1;
   dy = y2 - y1;
   dz = z2 - z1;

dist = sqrt ( ( dx * dx ) + ( dy * dy ) + ( dz * dz ) );

return dist;
}

looking at it further, its used to get distances between you ( the camera/object ) and the object in which you want to check for collision;
it's also used for opening the doors when you get close enough.

Kanpai cheers

F4SHADO

https://www.youtube.com/user/F4SHADO

Back to top Go down

Post  Miami_Rose Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:52 pm

Do Itashimashite! ^^ Yeah Pimslur is great, I heard the FBI use that to teach there agents >_> hahaha. I had it for a bit when i was young but I started learning through friends in Japan. Going to hopefully expand on it and take classes somewhere. Great culture. Smile

Also yeah I didnt see the Dark Dungeon code until now, great examples in there. It's really indepth compared to mine... However its helped me solve my gravity issue and collision issue, So now I need to implement shooting that kills the one enemy I have by friday haha Smile I dont even need him to move. He just needs to take one bullet and die...So hoping i get it finished by friday. I'll let you guys know in the projects your working on thread on the weekend ^^ Ganberre with your coding.(Good luck)

Miami_Rose

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down