Welcome to the forum

register! and help us get started! with this new darkgdk forum !

dont forget to introduce yourself Razz

enjoy! and good luck with your programming Smile

Gravity issue - Problem with player being stuck in the ground.

Go down

Gravity issue - Problem with player being stuck in the ground.

Post  Miami_Rose on Wed May 26, 2010 3:22 pm

Hey guys,

I recently added collision to my game and it worked fine, i followed the tutorial on youtube, and i got the Collission download too. Everything was going fine but i needed to add gravity. The gravity didnt work(I took the gravity example from the tutorial folder in dark GDK) Soooo I open their one that has gravity working.. the terrain folder. It works fine. So i thought maybe the problem was not having terrain to calculate the ground level(Obviously not) Soo now I have terrain, Enemy, My gun/player.. but the player wont move with the arrow keys, he can still aim though. It's as if he's stuck on the edge of the map and i get the funny feeling there is a muckup in my code and it may be an obvious one. If anyone would be willing to glance at my code and maybe point out where I may have gone wrong, that would be much appreciated!

Thanks ^^

Miami_Rose

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gravity issue - Problem with player being stuck in the ground.

Post  GreatCooler on Fri May 28, 2010 7:22 pm

If you post your code up, we might be able to help. We need to see how you programmed your game in order to give advice.

GreatCooler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

g

Post  c++noob on Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:15 pm

i have the same problem but i think i know what is happening. in one of pqowieuryt's vids about collision he said that you would need math to slide along an object. without a function doing that you cant slide along the floor you just stick to it. i have no idea how to make a function like this but maybe some one can post it

c++noob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gravity issue - Problem with player being stuck in the ground.

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down